WRITING WITH HORSES WEEKEND RETREAT
￼When you bring your writing into the intuitive space created by horses, it can reveal your true nature, and a deeper truth about the story you are writing. Writing with horses helps you become aware of your intentions in a way that you haven’t thought about before.
The immediacy of the learning can be startling: the result is clarity, fresh energy, and a feeling of freedom.
You will train yourself to write without focusing on an external outcome. The magic will happen as you learn how to trust yourself and your own writing process. With daily guided writing practice and sessions with the horses, you will see how it feels to trust what you already know about your story. By the end of the weekend, you’ll know how to shift your focus so you can be more receptive when you write.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF:
- You write all the time for your website, but you don’t know how to write a book.
- You know you have a book to write: you keep thinking about writing it.
- You feel that you need clarity before you can dive in.
- You wish your ideas and stories came to the page effortlessly.
- You don’t want writing your book to feel like work.
- You need to tap into your flow again – for some reason, you’re just not feeling it.
- You want to get out of your head and into a more creative place.
- You want to write your book as yourself, and use your own voice.
- You’re afraid to write a book that’s formulaic or derivative.
- You want to reconnect with a more natural (or younger!) version of yourself.
- You want to feel open, joyful and connected when you write.
- You want to have more fun in your life!
You will be staying at the beautiful Kingbridge Hotel and Conference Centre on Friday and Saturday, just 12 minutes away from your workshop. Enjoy the luxurious grounds, fine dining, indoor and outdoor pools, labyrinth and exercise facilities.
The workshop will take place on the weekend of September 21-23.
Friday, September 21 – 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m.
Saturday, September 22 – 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Sunday, September 23 – 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
- Snacks and lunches will be provided. Breakfasts and dinners are not included. All provided food will be vegan.
- No horse experience is necessary for these workshops. All exercises are done on the ground, and the lessons learned from the horses are transferable, so they can be immediately integrated into your daily life.
- Accommodation is not provided. There are local hotels and B&Bs located nearby. We will provide you with a list of accommodations after you have registered for the course.
- Once participants have registered, we can determine if there are carpooling opportunities to help everyone get to and from the workshop.
- Includes vegan lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and snacks on Friday evening.
- Accommodation, transportation, breakfast and dinner not included.
Fee: $1,575 + HST
(INCLUDES WORKSHOP FEE, HOTEL FRIDAY + SATURDAY NIGHT, BREAKFAST AND LUNCH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY)
LOCATION: KING CITY, ONTARIO (25 mins north of Toronto Pearson international Airport)
Limited to 6 participants
No previous horse experience required, simply an open mind and heart.