WRITING WITH HORSES WEEKEND RETREAT
￼When you bring your writing into the intuitive space created by horses, it can reveal your true nature, and a deeper truth about the story you are writing. Writing with horses helps you become aware of your intentions in a way that you haven’t thought about before.
The immediacy of the learning can be startling: the result is clarity, fresh energy, and a feeling of freedom.
You will train yourself to write without focusing on an external outcome. The magic will happen as you learn how to trust yourself and your own writing process. With daily guided writing workshops and sessions with the horses, you will see how it feels to trust what you already know about your story. By the end of the weekend, you’ll know how to shift your focus so you can be more receptive when you write
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have a piece of writing you’re working on, but something feels “sticky.” You need help.
- You feel that you need clarity before you can dive in to solve your writing problem.
- You don’t want writing to feel like work.
- You need to tap into your flow again — for some reason, you’re just not feeling it.
- You want to get out of your head and into a more creative place.
- You want to write as yourself, and use your own voice.
- You want to reconnect with a more natural (or younger!) version of yourself.
- You want to feel open, joyful and connected when you write.
The workshop will take place on the weekend of October 13-15.
Friday, October 13 – 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m.
Saturday, October 14 – 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Sunday, October 15 – 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
- No horse experience is necessary for these workshops. All exercises are done on the ground, and the lessons learned from the horses are transferable, so they can be immediately integrated into your daily life.
- Single-occupancy accommodation at the Kingbridge Centre is an additional $199/night, including breakfast.
- Vegan lunches will be provided on Saturday and Sunday and are included in the total cost of the retreat.
- Transportation to the retreat, and to and from the Kingbridge Centre and farm, is not included. Once participants have registered, we can determine if there are carpooling opportunities to help everyone get to and from the farm.
- Cost: $1225.00 + HST
You can stay at the beautiful Kingbridge Hotel and Conference Centre on Friday and Saturday, just 12 minutes away from your workshop. Enjoy the luxurious grounds, fine dining, indoor and outdoor pools, labyrinth and exercise facilities.
- Includes vegan lunch on Saturday and Sunday, dinner on Saturday and snacks on Friday evening.
- Accommodation, transportation not included.
Fee: $1.225 + HST
(INCLUDES WORKSHOP FEE, LUNCH & SNACKS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY)
HOTEL: $199 + TAxes per night (Hotel is not included in workshops
LOCATION: KING CITY, ONTARIO (25 mins north of Toronto Pearson international Airport)
Limited to 6 participants
No previous horse experience required, simply an open mind and heart.